Building on a solid foundation
Before starting, every piece is thoroughly checked. Any faults, such as loose joints, surface damage, etc are addressed. You can be sure that I haven't just covered up problems with a 'lick of paint'.
Surfaces are fully prepared prior to painting to make sure that the finish will be durable and lasting.
The right products for best results
I only use high quality furniture paints and other specialist products that I know and trust. You'll find many of these products available in my 'paint shop'.
Out of sight, but not out of mind
It's not only the first impression that matters: details do too.
- All edges, where 'painted' meets 'not-painted', are taped to ensure clean lines.
- Backs of pieces are generally painted - not every piece will be placed against a wall.
- Underneaths of pieces are painted if there is any chance of seeing them when a piece is in place.
- The insides of cupboards, drawers, etc are cleaned and refreshed
Not just for show
Almost all furniture has to be practical as well as beautiful.
- I apply varnish to surfaces that are likely to see heavier wear, so the painted finish will be protected.
- Both before and after painting, all moving parts, such as doors or drawers, are checked for smooth operation.
Do you want to know more?
I am happy to answer any questions that you may still have, or to supply more photographs if needed.
Should you be close enough, you are also very welcome to visit my Brailsford studio to inspect any pieces.
Trust in experience
I have over 10 years of professional furniture painting experience, and everything I have learned during that time goes towards making sure that you will be delighted with your new piece of furniture.
But don't just take my word for it, see my testimonials from previous happy customers.