COVID19. In the interests of public health we have decided to suspend the running of workshops for the time being. Please use the form at the foot of the page to subscribe to email updates and we'll let you know when they are expected to restart.
What is this?
If you have never painted anything before, and don't quite know where to start, this is the workshop for you. We will offer you plenty of help and advice to get you started on a project of your own.
This is a perfect experience to try before you buy!
Who is it for?
This workshop is suitable for someone who has never painted furniture before.
How will we spend our time?
The workshop starts with a brew, a meet and greet, and an overview.
We will talk about:
- Choosing a suitable piece of furniture.
- The importance of preparation.
- What tools and equipment you will need.
- The difference between chalk and mineral paints.
- When you will need to apply wax or lacquer over the paint.
- Basic approaches to creating a distressed look.
- What decorative finishes are available.
You will be able to try:
- Painting with chalk and mineral paints.
- Applying wax.
- Simple distressing.
The workshop will last around 2 hours.
What should I bring?
Just yourself. All tools, equipment and materials will be provided.
Is there anything else I should know?
Please see the 'Important information' section on the 'Workshops' page.